Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Darkness

So here I am, dishing out my usual introspective bullshit.
This semester was both one I would like to forget, and to remember, and the fact that I have mustered the motivation to even type this out is an achievement in itself.

It may not come as a surprise to anyone at this point that last semester dragged me down into the darkness that is feared almost above all else, and the sheer feeling of hopelessness that accompanies it is like a blister than never heals.

Here I am, staring at the stars, wishing for that one which would be that light at the end of the tunnel, a hope that I'd find hope at all. The sky is awash with stars tonight, none destined for me, for my nights are eclipsed in my deep, dark slumber.

I've reached a point wherein merely thanking those tiny flickers of light that stayed with me through the sem is pointless, because I owe them more than I can repay.

As far as events were this semester, I involved myself in my usual whirlwind of theatre and Improv, even having the opportunity to watch Beauty and the Beast live in MBS, thanks to the thoughtfulness of my amazing friends who bought the ticket as a birthday present. Which reminds me, I am 21 and overwhelmed by life already.

Anyway, looking forward, I see a summer of recovery, and I hope I'll come out of it unscathed and ready to go.

Also this is my final post on this blog. I have written a lot and achieved a lot from this website, and my musings have been self - motivating to say the least. But one must move on. Hakuna Matata.

If you've liked my work so far and want to see more of me, follow the link to my new blog: Saving Miss Bhanks. 

Goodbye, and love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment