Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Stereotypes- Part 1

This post has two parts.. in this post I will be focussing on the international aspect of stereotypes.. how the ppl of one country perceive people of another..
ok enough with the seriousness!!
Its funny how we think of typical things when someone mentions another nationality.. No offence to any country, every single country and its people are awesome..
This.is.fact.
I am not gonna lie to you, this is how I think if someone tells me to imagine a person from a particular country. But I know tat it HArdly ever applys!
I wonder what brought about these ? o.O
1. Imagine the french- An artist (why does it have to be an artist??? oO) wearing a mime shirt, a red scarf around his neck, a toothbrush mustache , wearing a black beret and carrying a baguette.. SRSLIEE? wow. and smoking.with accordion music in the background. Sacre bleu!!
2.  Imagine the British- posh, in a suit, speaks with spit. drinks tea at 4 with lemon with their little finger sticking up. probably with a monocle.  Walrus mustache? Bowler hat and cane. sits straight all the time. All the people in Britain are probably goin WT-?  right now. as they should.Oh. My Word.
3 - Imagine the Chinese- You imagine a lot of red clothes, long emperor mustaches, like noodles... ooohh noodles! lots of them.. n rice, with chopsticks.. n gongs. Probably a TT champ. and Communism.
-Imagine the Russians.- Military, definitely Military . Large woollen hats and Ballet dancers. Big Boots. WHYYYYYY??? oO
.Imagine the Japanese- Kimonos, uptight, extremely competent, probably a camera on their person
6--Imagine the Italians- Do you think of the Mafia eating Pasta? Or Chef Linguini?maybe Mario. I do.

 7- -AND NOW THE INDIANS .. I didnt actually realise this until I saw Phineas n Ferb. Baljeet is the ultimate stereotyped indian... Smart, Nerdy, Bookish,Chess?does Math in free time,  *speaks in a weird accent*, using high dictionary language instead of normal words, eats curry day in n day out, breaks out into a song number for trivial issues (this made me laugh, srsliee xD)  Grades are EVERYTHING!Stay with parents till we marry,(which is true btw) , etc.
See this video, every single stereotype of Indians seem to be in it.. I laughed so much I had tears rolling down my cheeks at the end!! Being Indian, i find it really funny that people think of us this way!
I wish everyone could laugh off stereotypes, because we know we are not really like that!(well, mostly :S)

Again, no offence to anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment