Wednesday, August 27, 2014

An Open Letter

My dear friends.

There comes a time in life when you feel like your whole world is coming crashing down around you. The earth stops spinning, the rivers stop flowing, and all the air in your lungs remain stagnant. When it feels like the world has deserted you, do not fret, my friends. It is not as bad as it seems. To have known love as you did and to have flourished in a time where love is scorned upon is truly a beautiful thing. Yes, things did not happen as you envisioned; you did not celebrate anniversaries, did not hear wedding bells or grow old together. But you had the courage to imagine it. Do not lose that courage my friends.
Though I seem hard as stone and as cynical of "love" as a grumpy spinster teetering on the edge of insanity, its only because I do not understand. I may have felt those feelings before but I have never experienced the pure joy of having loved and having been loved in return. But know this, the end of romantic love is not the end of life. It is only a small part, an insignificant speck in the vastness and potential of your lives ahead of you. Though you now feel angry, frustrated and morose, know that tomorrow the sun will break through the clouds and you will see the rainbow again. Who knows, you might see it again in a flash of nostalgia that brings back old feelings, and its not a bad thing!
There are several kinds of love in this world. Agape, Eros, Philia and Storge.  Unconditional mental love, physical passionate love, the love between friends, and the love of your family. These feelings are not necessarily mutually exclusive, and one does not take precedence over the other. This is the only advice I give you, keep your love close. Any kind, it dosent matter which. For at the end of the day it is this love that keeps the world sane. I may not be making much sense (it's probably because I am sleepy) but please bear with me for a few more minutes.

The fact that you were unafraid of loving unconditionally, purely and clearly, shows the steadiness of your beating heart. Don't be afraid to experience those feelings again my friends, because the ache you feel right now shows that there is room in your heart to love some more. God knows, your sadness is making mine ache, too.

If you feel hopeless, know that you are loved, my friends. You are always loved. That is the beauty of this world you see, because everyone is always loved by someone or other at a given point of time.
Like now, I love you my friends, please don't forget that, ever.
Your friend forever,

No comments:

Post a Comment